Thursday, May 8, 2008

Treadmill Desk Debut

I'm proud to say I'm now up and running with the desk. The entire school now knows just how strange I am, though many, I think, are envious. My secretary insists she's moving her treadmill from home to her office once the school year is over. We'll just see about that...

I'm cruising at 1.3 mph as I type this and am officially on day 4 of treadmillercizing during work. I haven't even broken a sweat, though I have been bumping the AC down a notch or two to stay cool. I've also discovered the need to invest in better work shoes and a pair of Dr. Scholl's gel insoles. I've amassed well over 10 miles thus far, and hope to accumulate over 15 per week.

I'll keep you posted as to my progress. If I get up the courage, perhaps I'll even post a picture. It looks quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Brad Rhoads said...

Congrats on getting started! Please join our network of treadmill desk users at http://officewalkers.ning.com/.

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Nonsense (sir), My name is Mandy. For an article I'm writing about workwalking, I would love to interview you about your treadmill desk and the reaction at school. I'd be glad to give you more info if you'll contact me at mk_editorial@gmx.com. Thanks!