Monday, May 5, 2008

PTO President? A "No Thanks" Job - Literally.

It's interesting to me how opinionated some parents can be when it comes to the PTO. I hear alot of "It should be done this way" and "Why isn't everyone included?" or "That sure was a bad idea..."

So it struck me as really odd that when we opened the box of nominations for PTO President there were only 2 forms. And this is at a school that represents nearly 100 families!

So I called those folks plus 2 more I thought would make a good fit and heard a big "Thanks, but no thanks" four times in a row. Luckily, after some additional scrambling, I found another lovely mother who was gracious enough to accept the role.

Parents: Here's a new rule - if you aren't willing to help, then you don't have the right to complain!

No comments: